Cenotes (Freshwater Sinkholes) in Playa del Carmen
Cenotes (Mayan for ´natural well´) are undoubtedly some of the most beautiful natural Attractions in the Playa del Carmen area.
There are literally hundreds located all over the Yucatan Peninsula.
A Cenote is basically an underground freshwater river formed over millions of years.
Such expanses of crystal clear freshwater are ideal for swimming and scuba-diving, imagine diving amongst stalactites and stalagmites millions of years old.
Some examples are: Dos Ojos, Ponderosa, Taj Majal, Gran Cenote as well as many others through out the area.
Know more about Playa del Carmen
- Playa del Carmen
- Hotels in Playa del Carmen
- Tours in Playa del Carmen
- Playa del Carmen Tourist Attractions
- El Garrafón Isla Mujeres
- Beach in Playa del Carmen
- Horseback Riding
- F1 Offshore Explorer tour
- Cenotes (Freshwater Sinkholes)
- Chichen Itza
- Ecological parks in Playa del Carmen
- Skydiving over Playa del Carmen
- Sian Ka’an Multi-Sport Adventure
- Cuatrimoto and speedboat, the Mayan Riviera
- Discovery Jungle Park
- Scuba Diving in Playa del Carmen
- Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve in Playa del Carmen
- Aquatic expedition, the Mayan Riviera / Playa del Carmen
- Xel-Ha in Playa del Carmen
- Xcaret, the Mayan Riviera